Thursday, January 9, 2014

How to help Friends/Family who have left the Mormon Church

This is a pretty good, non-antimormon video produced to help people deal with friends and family who have historical or doctrinal reasons for leaving the LDS Church.




There are a few points I wish Mr. Dehlin would have explained/addressed further. For instance, that Joseph Smith was not only married to over 30 women and teenagers, but engaged in intimate relations with them, in some cases even fathering their children. (there's plenty of documented historical sources on the web, but maybe not any "approved church sources"?) Also, specifically how current apologetics/policies/statements directly contradict approved scripture. I'd like to see more of this, so I'll personally address some of it later. Overall, though, I think Mr. Dehlin did a good job. I hope much social good can come from him and his video

No comments:

Post a Comment